The global Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) market was valued at US$ 18430 million in 2019 and it is expected to reach US$ 30670 million by the end of 2026, growing at a CAGR of 7.7% during 2021-2026.
GPU, also known as display core, visual processor and display chip, is mainly used as the computing core of graphics card to solve the problem of graphics rendering.
At the beginning of PC’s birth, there was no concept of GPU, and all graphics calculation was done by CPU. However, the speed of using CPU to do graphics calculation is slow, so a special graphics accelerator card is designed to help with graphics calculation. Later, NVIDIA proposed the concept of GPU, which promoted the GPU to the status of a separate computing unit. CPU is generally composed of logic operation unit, control unit and storage unit. Although the CPU has multiple cores, the total number is not more than two digits, and each core has enough cache; the CPU has enough number and logical operation units, and has many hardware to accelerate branch judgment and even more complex logical judgment. Therefore, the CPU has super logical ability.
Compared with CPU, the advantage of GPU lies in multi-core, the number of cores is far more than that of CPU, which can reach hundreds, each core has relatively small cache, and digital logic operation unit is small and simple; while CPU generally only has 8 cores at most, which is generally used to process calculation data with more complex calculation amount. Therefore, GPU is more suitable for data parallel computing than CPU. When rendering graphics, a large number of 3D coordinates need to be converted into 2D coordinates, and the coordinates of each individual position must be calculated. Although the coordinate calculation is not complicated, the huge amount of data is not borne by CPU. If CPU is used to calculate, it will not only waste the huge computing power of ALU, but also its parallel data processing ability is not enough.
In terms of product types, Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) can be divided into two types: Independent GPU and Integrated GPU. In 2019, Integrated GPU occupies the largest share of the total market, more than 50%.
In terms of product application, Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) is mainly used in Desktop Computers and Notebook Computers. In 2019, Notebook Computers occupy the largest share of the total market, about 55%.
The Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) market research report includes specific segments by region (country), by manufacturers, by Type and by Application. Each type provides information about the production during the forecast period of 2016 to 2027. By Application segment also provides consumption during the forecast period of 2016 to 2027. Understanding the segments helps in identifying the importance of different factors that aid the market growth.
Key Companies included in Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) market report are NVIDIA Corporation, AMD (ATI), Intel, ARM Limited, Qualcomm, Imagination Technologies Gro VeriSilicon (Vivante) and more in terms of company basic information, product portfolio, Production, Revenue, Price, Gross Margin (2016-2021) & Recent Developments/Updates.
Table of Content:
1 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Market Overview
– Product Overview and Scope, Market Size Growth Rate Analysis by Type, Consumption Comparison by Application, Growth Prospects)
2 Market Competition by Manufacturers
– Market Share, Average Price, Production Sites, Area Served, Product Types, Competitive Situation, Trends, Concentration Rate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Expansion
3 Production and Capacity by Region
– Global, North America, Europe, China, Japan, South Korea, India Market Share by Region (2016-2021) & Production, Revenue, Price and Gross Margin
4 Global Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Consumption by Region
– Consumption Market Share for
– North America (U.S.A, Canada)
– Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Russia)
– Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, India, Australia)
– Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
5 Production, Revenue, Price Trend by Type
– Global Production & Revenue Market Share by Type (2016-2021)
6 Consumption Analysis by Application
– Global Consumption Market Share by Application (2016-2021) & Consumption Growth Rate
7 Key Companies Profiled
– Corporation Information, Product Portfolio, Production, Revenue, Price and Gross Margin (2016-2021), Main Business and Markets Served
8 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) Manufacturing Cost Analysis
– Key Raw Materials Analysis, Price Trend, Key Suppliers, Manufacturing Cost Structure, Industrial Chain Analysis
9 Marketing Channel, Distributors and Customers
10 Market Dynamics
– Trends, Drivers, Challenges, Restraints
11 Production and Supply Forecast
– Production, Revenue Forecast (2022-2027) for North America, Europe, China, Japan, South Korea, and India
12 Consumption and Demand Forecast
– Forecasted Consumption by Countries for North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America
13 Forecast by Type and by Application (2022-2027)
– Global Forecasted Production, Revenue, Price by Type (2022-2027), Forecasted Consumption by Application
14 Research Finding and Conclusion
15 Methodology and Data Source
Find more details about this report at: https://www.themarketreports.com/report/global-graphics-processing-unit-gpu-market-research-report
(Impact of COVID-19 is covered in report)
The Great Writer and The Passionate Poet As Well, He Graduated from University Of Florida in Journalism and Brad have around 12 years of experience in news and media section.